Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Best Steak Marinade

I love steak! Hopefully I don't offend anyone by admiting that I also love ketchup on my steak (I know, it's a cullinary sin)- even great steaks need ketchup as far as I'm concerned. Well, I used this marinade with no ketchup, so you know it is amazing and soooo flavorful! At our house, we love garlic and balsamic vinegar, so honestly, I usually add more that I'm listing here, but it may be too overpowering for some of you out there.

Steak Marinade:

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced or crushed
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon prepared Mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Throw all your ingredients in a big freezer bag (they seal better so there's less chance of leakage), mix them around until they're combined then add your steak- any cut will do, this great flavor is wonderful for using cheaper steaks that may be tougher or less flavorful naturally, but feel free to use any steak you find in your grocery cart or freezer. Seal the bag and let it marinade in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but overnight is best. When the grill is ready, pull the steaks out of the bag and throw them on the heat. Mmmmmmmmmm, good!

No comments: